COVID-19 Prevention Policy for IFUL BOUTIQUE is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers [and customers, clients, patrons, guests and visitors].
To ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, IFUL BOUTIQUE has developed the following COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Managers and workers are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and communities, and that requires full cooperation among our workers and management. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of all persons in our workplaces.
- The COVID-19 Preparedness Plan is administered by [designated plan administrator], who maintains the overall authority and responsibility for the plan. However, management and workers are equally responsible for supporting, implementing, complying with and providing recommendations to further improve all aspects of this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. IFUL BOUTIQUE’s managers and supervisors have our full support in enforcing the provisions of this plan.
- Our workers are our most important assets. IFUL BOUTIQUE is serious about safety and health and protecting our workers. Worker involvement is essential in developing and implementing a successful COVID-19 Preparedness Plan.
- [Company name]’s COVID-19 Preparedness Plan follows the industry guidance which is based upon Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
It addresses: • ensuring sick workers stay home and prompt identification and isolation of sick persons; • social distancing – workers must be at least six-feet apart; • worker hygiene and source controls, including face coverings; • workplace building and ventilation protocol; • workplace cleaning and disinfection protocol; • drop-off, pick-up and delivery practices and protocol; and • communications and training practices and protocol.
IFUL BOUTIQUE has reviewed and incorporated the industry guidance applicable to our business provided by the CDC for the development of this plan.
Other conditions and circumstances included in the industry guidance and addressed in the plan that are specific to our business include: • additional protections and protocols for face coverings and personal protective equipment (PPE); • additional protections and protocol for access and assignment;• additional protections and protocol for sanitation and hygiene; • additional protections and protocols for work clothes and handwashing; • additional protections and protocol for distancing and barriers; • additional protections and protocols for managing occupancy; • additional protocols to limit face-to-face interaction; • additional protections for receiving or exchanging payment.
- Ensure sick workers stay home and prompt identification and isolation of sick persons Workers have been informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- IFUL BOUTIQUE has implemented leave policies that promote workers staying at home when they are sick, when household members are sick, or when required by a health care provider to isolate or quarantine themselves or a member of their household.
- IFUL BOUTIQUE has also implemented a policy for informing workers if they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 at their work. In addition, a policy has been implemented to protect the privacy of workers’ health status and health information.
- Social distancing – Workers must be at least six-feet apart Social distancing of at least six feet will be implemented and maintained between workers [and customers, clients, patrons, guests and visitors] in the workplace.
- We will use barriers and personal protective equipment, and sanitize phones, pens, computer equipment, desks, cubicles, workstations, offices or other personal work tools and equipment will, and will not be shared and, if used by more than one person, will be cleaned and disinfected between users.
- Worker hygiene and source controls Basic infection prevention measures are being implemented at our workplaces at all times. Workers are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day, but especially at the beginning and end of their shift, prior to any mealtimes and after using the restroom. All [customers, clients, patrons, guests and visitors] to the workplace are required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to or immediately upon entering the facility. Hand-sanitizer dispensers (that use sanitizers of greater than 60% alcohol) are at entrances and locations in the workplace so they can be used for hand hygiene in place of soap and water, as long as hands are not visibly soiled.
- Workers [and customers, clients, patrons, guests and visitors] are being instructed to cover their mouth and nose with their sleeve or a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and to avoid touching their face, particularly their mouth, nose and eyes, with their hands.
- Workers [and customers, clients, patrons, guests and visitors] are expected to dispose of tissues in provided trash receptacles and wash or sanitize their hands immediately afterward. Respiratory etiquette will be demonstrated on posters and supported by making tissues and trash receptacles available to all workers and other persons entering the workplace.
- Steps are also being taken to minimize air flow blowing across people. Workplace cleaning and disinfection protocol Regular practices of cleaning and disinfecting have been implemented, including a schedule for routine cleaning and disinfecting of work surfaces, equipment, tools and machinery, vehicles and areas in the work environment, including restrooms, break rooms, lunch rooms, meeting rooms, checkout stations, fitting rooms, and drop-off and pick-up locations. Frequent cleaning and disinfecting is being conducted of high-touch areas, including phones, keyboards, touch screens, controls, door handles, elevator panels, railings, copy machines, credit card readers, delivery equipment, etc.
- Appropriate and effective cleaning and disinfecting supplies have been purchased and are available for use in accordance with product labels, safety data sheets and manufacturer specifications, and are being used with required personal protective equipment for the product.
- This COVID-19 Prevention Policy was communicated to all workers on August 1, 2020 and necessary training was provided. Additional communication and training will be ongoing.